Tuesday, November 2, 2010

See Nell Run

I ran track in high school. Well "ran" is a term that I'll use loosely. I signed up for track to meet boys, and failed miserably at both.  

Jump ahead ten years... I was a newly wed who needed to shed the "birth control" weight (eh-hem, we've all used that excuse when it was really eating out every night!) We moved to a quiet (read BORING) community that had two things to offer; a firehouse with a Pepsi machine & lots of running trails. So I took up running. My husband is a do-or-die type person, very goal oriented. 

If you don't set a goal, then you won't progress
That was a common phrase around our house. 

So I set a goal to run a half-marathon before I turned the big 3-OH!!! It was very rough, completed at a turtle's pace, but I did it!
Now I try to run 15-20 miles per week. I've become addicted, but not overzealous  (definitely no marathons in my future.)  I'm trying to increase my time/ not get bored while running. I just want to jot down a few things I do to accomplish those two things:

  1. Create a long (I have song ADD) but energetic playlist
  2. To increase my time, sprint through each chorus of each song
  3. Chew gum- there's no science behind it, It just quenches my thirst
  4. Think of ways to earn enough money to buy those boots I want
  5. Imagine my booty the way it was at 21- firm & perky (goals here people, think of your goals!)
It is silly, I know. But these little things help! I would love any feed back of what others do to increase their need for speed while jogging.  Any assistance is welcome!


Until next time,

~Nell

No comments:

Post a Comment